AHHHH-MAZING Stuffed Peppers

I just made the best supper last night and trust me this is one that is going in the regular rotation!  I have always wanted to try making stuffed peppers and last night was the night!  
The recipes comes from Cassandra's Fitness (you can find her on Facebook.)
 
Bulgur Stuffed Peppers
 
Hold up!  If you're like me right now you're thinking what I was thinking, "what the heck is Bulgur?!?!" Its a cracked wheat whole grain and it was delicious!  (I bought Bobs Red Mill brand.)
 
2 peppers cut in half and cleaned
Spread a thin (very thin) layer of coconut oil on a baking sheet, place peppers face down and roast at 400 degrees for 20-25mins.
Cook bulgur (I made one cup so that I would have leftovers for another meal)
Chop up 1/2 a red onion and saute in a pan over low heat until tender
Add 1 tsp each of basil and oregano and a sprinkle of pepper (to taste)
Chop up 2 roma tomatoes and add to onions, saute for 1-2mins.
Remove from heat
Mix tomato and onion mixture with cooked bulgur and crumble in some feta cheese
Stuff peppers and return to pan, place back in 400 degree oven for 5 more minutes
 
 

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar