Cuckoo for Coconut Oil

 
I have desperately wanted to buy some coconut oil to try and finally did when I was out the other day.  There are so many uses for it, it's all the rage right now!  Seriously, every magazine and t.v. show has talked about it and I really wanted to see what we would think.  One way to use it is as a straight one to one substitute for butter.  So, yesterday I made a batch of muffins substituting the butter with coconut oil.  I used a recipe that I have made tons of times before, so I was sure that we liked them as is, this way I felt I could really give a true opinion on if they were as good.  Some healthy substitutes just don't cut it if we're honest (you know what I'm talkin' about!)  I mean I'd still eat them because I know its better for me but I am aware that it is not the same!
 
So I made the muffins and didn't tell anyone about the substitute and.....drum roll please!!!!!  NO ONE NOTICED!  Truth be told, had I not made them myself I would not have known either!  They were delicious and I actually thought they were even lighter and moister than normal!  RESULT:  I am totally hooked!!!  I even put some on my lips while I was baking cause I read you could use it as a lip balm and I loved it!  My lips were hydrated and moist and even tasted good when I licked my lips (come on ladies, there is nothing worse than bad tasting lip gloss!) 
 
I am looking forward to experimenting with it a little more.  I'll keep you posted!

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar