Carrot Cake Oatmeal

One of my goals for this year is to try making one new clean eating meal, snack or dessert every week.  Some weeks I've even got around to making two or three but I wanted to make an attainable goal for myself!  Some of the recipes I've tried have been amazing and some have been....well not so amazing but we love trying new things.  I recently made Carrot Cake Oatmeal (from the Sisters In Shape website) and shared it on our Facebook page.  It was SO good that I just had to share it here too in case you missed it!  They paired it with Protein Coffee which I would love to try and will, but we currently only have flavourless protein powder, I'll keep you posted! 
 
 
CARROT CAKE OVERNIGHT OATS
Ingredients
  • ⅓ cup rolled oats
  • 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
  • ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
  • ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1-2 packets stevia (or sweetner of your choice...I use Splenda sometimes)
  • ¼ cup raw shredded carrot
  • 2 tablespoons pinapple (I used canned & drained for convenience)
  • 1 tablespoon shredded unsweetened coconut (plus a little extra for garnishing)
  • 1 tablespoon raisins (optional)
  • 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
  • ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
  • ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
Instructions
  1. In a glass jar combine all ingredients and mix well. (If you don't have glass jars with lids just use a glass bowl & cover well with plastic wrap).
  2. Screw on lid and place in the refrigerator overnight.
  3. In the morning, stir the mixture, and add in 1-2 tablespoons of almond milk or water.
  4. Heat in the microwave (OR enjoy cold!)
  5. Garnish with shredded coconut, raisins, nuts, a dash of cinnamon, and a drizzle of pure maple syrup!
  6. Enjoy!
Nutritional Stats
Serving size: Calories: 350 Fat: 9g Carbohydrates: 35g Sugar: 6g Protein: 27g

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar