These are DELICIOUS and make a perfect snack or breakfast with a green tea (the flavours just seem to go so well together!) It's a great choice to make on your food prep day, you can cut them up and pre-wrap them for when you're on-the-go.
Jamie Eason's Pumpkin Protein Bars
Ingredients:1/2 cup Ideal Brown No Calorie Sweetener (I checked a few stores and could not find brown, so I just used the regular.)
1 - 4 oz jar baby food applesauce
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 large egg whites
1 15 oz can of raw pumpkin
2 cups Oat Flour (I make my own in the food processor but you can buy it pre-made if you prefer)
2 scoops vanilla whey protein
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional, but I highly recommend!!!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 9 X 13" Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
3. Combine the first 11 ingredients & mix well.
4. Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts) & mix until incorporated.
5. Spread batter into the Pyrex dish & bake for 30 min.