Confession: Crabby is a Secret Swinger


You can't really blame me, can you, after so many years?  So yeah, maybe I wanted to mix things up a bit.

As I recall my first experience was on a lovely warm evening, after a glass of wine or two, accompanied by seductive music--what can I say? I couldn't resist!

I thought the Lobster might think my proclivities were too, well, weird and embarrassing, but once I explained she was surprisingly accepting, even if she didn't often want to join me.

And hell, now I'm shameless.  I'll do it in the morning, in a park, in broad daylight!  Even though technically what I'm doing there is against the park rules, but hell, what are the chances I'll get caught and punished?

Yep, after years of keeping it respectable....

...my long walks and furtive runs have gotten a LOT more fun now that I go ahead and sneak onto playground equipment when no kids are using it.  Yippee!

And the swings are my favorite.

Note: if I could entice the Lobster into "the lifestyle" to accompany me more often, this would be a picture of one of us flying happily through the air, and not a post-swing photo, but I'm still workin' on that.

The Scene of the Crime

Swinging is fun!  It hardly feels like exercise, yet I think it actually is.  It's even more blissful than when I was a kid, because back then they hadn't invented mp3 players yet.

And bonus: due to the unfortunate childhood obesity epidemic, even some of the smaller swingsets now seem sturdy enough to accomodate grown ups. At least I haven't broken one yet. (Knock wood).

But sadly, I do have to sneak off to swing as kidnapping a random child might be frowned upon.



In fact often I'll slip my swing in during an evening walk when it's dark and all good children are all at home doing whatever wholesome things it is kids do these days.  I am blissfully ignorant of such matters.

So where are all the Adult Playgrounds?

I bitched about this several years ago in an adult playground post, and have discovered I'm not the only one with this complaint, though not much has been done about it from what I can tell.

I got all excited when I saw this New York Times piece on a new playground for grown ups in the Bronx until I clicked on it and saw the pictures.

Does this look like a freakin' playground to you?  Where are the rides?  That is an outdoor gym, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but a gym is not a playground.




Note:  If the copyright police round me up and I have to remove the photos, you may have to go the article itself to view the Not-Playground.


Now this next photo looks slightly more promising:



But still, where are the giant slides, self-powered roller coasters, trampolines, bungee devices, big-ass merry-go-rounds that go really fast, spinning human gyroscopes, and other play things that could be totally fun for adults even if they might kill us?  I'm still waiting!

Any of you sometimes tempted to do a little swingin'?


So how do you guys turn exercise in to play, or does it feel like play already?


Photos: 
Swinger Poster:Movie Poster Shop
No adults: Crystal Eagle
Boring Adult Playground Marilynn K. Yee, New York Times
Fun Women: Jogo Equipment 

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar