Zucchini, Black Bean and Rice Skillet

I am addicted to Pinterest, I know I'm not alone, right?!  Well, I have a really bad habit of Pinning things like there's no tomorrow but never actually making or doing the things that I Pinned.  So, I decided to buckle down and have told myself that there will be no more Pinning recipes aloud until I make some of the delicious looking things I have already found!  So, that's my mission!  Last night on the menu, Zucchini, Black Bean and Rice Skillet.  I made this as a side dish with beef but chicken would be even better, it's just TOO expensive right now!  As always I "healthied" it up a bit thus altering the cooking directions, here is my recipe.
 
 
 Ingredients
 
 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini, quartered
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1 cup of frozen corn
1 can (15 oz each) Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
1 can (14.5 oz each) Alymers® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup water
1 cup Lundberg's Wild and Whole Grain Brown Rice (or your choice but choose a whole grain kind!)
1/4 cup grated Low Fat cheese of your choice (optional)
0
 
Cook rice to package directions omitting salt and butter.  I made this in the afternoon when I was free and then just set it aside.  It takes about 50 minutes to cook.
 
Then when we were ready for supper...
 
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans, corn, undrained tomatoes and water. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
    Add rice; stir until thoroughly mixed. Cover; and heat through, stirring occasionally until water is almost all absorbed; remove from heat and let stand about 8 minutes or until liquid is completely absorbed. 
     
    Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
     
    We loved this dish, and would definitly make it again!

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar