Clean Eating 4 Bean Chili

Here's a great recipe from one of my favourite recipe websites www.thegraciouspantry.com.

Clean Eating 4 Bean Chili
(Makes approximately 10 servings)
 


 
Ingredients
5 cloves garlic, chopped fine
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz.) can black beans
1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans
1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans
1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tbsp. chili powder
3 cups vegetable broth
 
Directions
Step 1 – Saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil, using a medium-sized soup pot.
 
Step 2 – Add all other ingredients and stir to combine.
 
Step 3 – Bring to a boil. Allow to boil for approximately 10 minutes and remove from heat.
 
Step 4 – Allow to cool and serve.
 
Eat and Enjoy!
 
I added chopped green and red pepper to mine.
 
 
Nutritional Content
1 serving = 1 cup
Calories: 203
Total Fat: 2 gm
Saturated Fats: 0 gm
Trans Fats: 0 gm
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 598 mg – This can be lowered with low sodium canned items, especially the tomatoes.
Carbohydrates: 37 gm
Dietary fiber: 11 gm
Sugars: 2 gm
Protein: 11 gm
Estimated Glycemic Load: 14
Nutritional Information estimated at Nutritiondata.com. Data may not be accurate.

* * * * * *

As you can see, this recipe is called Clean Eating 4 Bean Chili and if you visit The Gracious Pantry website (which I definitely recommend you do) you will find only clean eating recipes.

Are you wondering what Clean Eating means?


 
The following description of clean eating is from another website that I frequent regularly www.eatcleandiet.com.
Eating Clean is treating your body right.
 
It is eating the way nature intended. You eat the foods our bodies function best on, and that makes you feel – and look – fantastic. When you Eat Clean you eat more often. You will eat lean protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats. These practices keep your blood-sugar levels stable and keep you satisfied. The best part is that if you need to lose weight it will happen almost without you having to try. And yes, you can have a treat now and again.
 
Best of all, Eating Clean keeps you feeling great and full of energy. In fact, you can forget all about the days when “dieting” meant feelings of hunger, lethargy or deprivation.
 
Eating Clean is not a fad; it’s a way of life. When you Eat Clean your body will react by losing weight if you need to lose, maintaining a healthy weight if that’s where you are, and even gaining weight if you are too skinny. But regardless of whether you want to lose, maintain or gain, you will feel better than you ever have before.
 
Eating Clean guarantees results!


I know many people who struggled for years to lose weight and it was eating clean and working out that changed everything for them and allowed them to keep the weight off.  Being healthy and fit and reaching and maintaining the weight you desire takes a lifestyle change and the simple truth is, you just cannot get healthy without eating healthy. Food is the big ticket to good health. If you eat garbage, your body will show it and feel it. I know this from my own experience! When I eat whole, healthy and fresh foods, my body becomes energised, I have no pain in my stomach after I eat and my body looks better, my skin looks better and I feel amazing!  Train and I are working all the time at eating more clean.  I make any substitutions I possibly can to make our meals healthier and cleaner and we have drastically limited our intake of processed foods.   I have heard that you should never eat an ingredient that you can't pronounce and when you look at labels today most of the ingredients are these huge words that just scream chemicals concoctions!!!  For me the easiest and most understandable way to explain Clean Eating is "eating the way nature intended."  And as hard as I try to convince myself, I am saddened by the truth that the cave men just did not indulge in the Rippled Chips and Cheddar Jalapeno Dip that I love so much! ;-)  With that said, Train and I take one day at a time and simply try to make healthy choices whenever possible and we encourage you to do the same!

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar