Healthy Alternatives


Ok, so sometimes I read articles or blogs about healthy eating and as awesome and inspirational as the information is, it can also be a little discouraging and overwhelming!   Yes, I want to be healthy, but when you feel that eating half a bag, instead of the whole bag of Fudgeo's would be an accomplishment, the info they're giving you is not what you want to hear!  Take the yolks out of my eggs?  Make my own cheese?  Never eat pizza on real crust again???  I'm scared!  
 
If there's one thing that we would want you to know it's that you CAN make healthy food choices and still find your meals delicious.  Honestly!  There are tones of healthy alternatives,  and fantastic meals that you can eat.  Healthy does not mean bland and boring!  Just start, one meal at a time.  You don't have to be all-or-nothing like I used to be.  Start by challenging yourself to change one thing about your meal to a healthier option.  Maybe that's your portion size.  Maybe that's setting a time at night that you won't eat past.  Maybe it's whole grain bread instead of white.  Start small.  You will see results.

One of the first things I did in my journey towards a healthy diet was add Shakeology into my diet.  I went from never eating breakfast, no, not ever, to making Shakeology my first meal of the day.  Train and I have seen incredible results from this one change.

Train and I are not perfect. We don't eat all of the right things all of the time.  (Ummm, hellooo, can we say banana splits everyday at D.J.'S in the summer????) Train has taught me so much about healthy alternatives to the things I love, eating smaller portions more frequently and not depriving myself of everything all of the time.  We do choose healthy options most often and for both of us this is where our true results have come from.  You will feel better, look better and you will see results.  
 
If you're feeling a little lost, here are a couple of really easy food alternatives that I swear are delicious and very satisfying!  You don't have to change everything overnight, start small and just start making different choices!
 
1.  Start buying whole grain's!  Whatever you are purchasing, rice, pasta, bread, crackers, cereal, choose whole grains EVERY time!  I actually find whole grain foods way more flavourful and definitely prefer them now!
 
2.  Switch to Natural Peanut Butter.  I quite frankly can't even tell the difference, so if it's better for me, I'm in!  I'm a huge fan of the Bulk Barn and thats where we usually get our peanut butter because I can just buy the amount I want.  (Also, Train sometimes likes to switch it up to Almond Butter!)  Kraft also makes a great kind that you can pick up at the grocery store.
 
 
3.  Rice Cakes!  Now I know what you're thinking...thanks Muff, I'll pass on the cardboard, but I am telling you, rice cakes are not what they used to be!  They are honestly a favourite in our home and my mom, who said she wouldn't be caught dead eating one has now embraced them as a very satisfying snack before bed with a green tea.  You can get all different kinds, I love the Butter Toffee, and I put peanut butter and banana on it!  It's amazing!  See, instead of bread, I just chose a rice cake instead!  Our other fave when we need something sweet is the Carmel Chocolate Chip!  My oh my!  These are delicious and just 60 calories!

 
4.  Just last week we found these great things called a Foldit.  I had never heard of them before but, I just got them at the grocery store.  We made homemade hamburgers, loaded them with lettuce, onion and tomato and used the Foldit as the bun.  They do have different flavours but we used the 5 grains and flax kind.  They were SO SO SO good!  And not a bad choice for just 110 calories and 8 grams of protein!  Now I know, I know, sure, no bun would be even better, but ya know what, I'm just not there yet!
 
 
 
Hope you find some of these tips helpful!  I'll keep you posted on more of our faves and any new things I find!
 
 

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar